Sunday, September 14, 2008

Identity

A person uses groups in order to identify himself of herself. Everyone belongs to a group, but certain ones are more prevalent than others. My master groups are friends, family, and religion. I am a religious Jew. I am observant, I keep Kosher, and I celebrate Shabbat. Some people are suprised to find out how observant I am, but others aren't at all. I'm also very close with my family. Hopefully, my brother and sister realize that I am really nice to them. I think my sister appreciates what I do for her, but my brother Alex is in his own world most of the time. He's a college frat boy and calls me a couple times a week to talk about TV, which is more than he calls our mom so I guess I'm honored (lol). And then there are my friends. I have been best friends with Lauren and Leslie since seventh grade. Alot of people at Stevenson can't really say that so I feel really lucky. I love my friends and family. They're a huge part of me, and they help to define who I am to myself and others.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Syd-

You can't have that many master groups. It sounds like yours should be observant Jew because that status shapes your family, friends, religion etc... Make sense?