Saturday, November 29, 2008
Tammy's Story
Although I felt sorry for Tammy, I found it unfathomable how she treated her son. I don't think her son was rude in trying to better himself. He seemed like a smart kid with a lot of awards. He could probably get a scholarship to college or something, so why wasn't Tammy encouraging him? Tammy was also trying to better herself, although she was against huge odds. It makes sense to me that she would want her children to strive to better themselves. I am not sure how proper the movies depiction of Tammy was, but what they showed concerning her son portrayed Tammy in a negative light. I wish that Tammy could receive a better job and graduate from school and become a teacher, but is that even possible for her? She does not have a car, lives in a trailer, and works a minimum wage job cleaning toilets. How will she better herself is she does not have the resources to do it? I do, however, give props to her for trying. I just wish that the American dream was a possible reality for everyone. Guess our streets are not really paved with gold after all, but paved by the poor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment